Monday, April 04, 2005

Intro

I watch alot of movies... I recommend movies to friends, based on what I know of them and how I think they will perceive what they view...... I'm not a critic tho...

The first Batman movie, with Michael Keaton, I thought was 'ok'. Friends couldn't understand why I didn't like it and why I thought it was so bad. Well, I did like it and I thought it much much bettre than 'bad'. But simply saying 'ok', was translated into a negative review... ah well..

Movies I've seen recently, and recommend.... ( or not ) that I recall..

The Terminal - Tom Hanks is wonderful in this...and, it is based on a true story.

Pursued - stars Christain Slayter and Gil Bellows... I enjoyed this very much.. about a corporate headhunter(Slayter) who will go to much extremes to recruit a high tech wizard(Bellows).

Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow - yuck yuck yuck

Ray - Wonderful wonderful wonderful movie.... a must see....

Wake of Death - movie with Jean Claude van Dam not your normal run of the mil martial arts flick.... not too bad... B movie...

Stander - True story of Andre Stander.. South Africas most notorious bank robber... guy was a cop and robbed banks... movie is slow going in the beginning, picks up speed and finally ends pretty good... almost quit watching it.... Stars Tom Jane.. he played the Punisher and I liked him in that, so.....

Sin City - not too bad.. not a date flick, unless you date is into that sort of thing....don't take the kids..... much too much hype tho..... the real star of this movie is simply how they filmed it.... Elijah Wood as Kevin was a masterful choice...

Con Air - this is not a recent movie.. but, I love it.. have to put it there up with Aliens as my all time favorite.... Nick Cage has some great one liners in this movie... "I'm gonna show you God does exist.." I love that line..... and Steve Buscemi(sp) is in it.. hard to wrong with that guy.

Alien vs Predator - If you have seen Alien and you have seen Predator, then you have seen this movie.... everyone dies except the sexy chick in panties.


Ok, that is enuff for my first entry... am gonna try to make weekly posts with this thing, if I keep it up... and see how it goes...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home