Friday, April 22, 2005

New Movies

Finding Neverland - Johnny Depp, Kate Winslet

I consider this movie an antomy of a story.. the real star of this movie, in my mind, is the play, 'Peter Pan'. You really get a good idea of how a story is born, molded and finally brought to life, all with just an imagination. The entire cast of this movie is remarkable... Truly a wonderful movie... highly recommended.


Elektra - Jennifer Garner

Its ok.. Nothing special.. certainly better than Daredevil, no where near as good as Spiderman.. the effect were good, the fight scenes were mostly mediocre.. with a couple of exceptions... if I were going to rate movies, I would use Penguins, and I would use up to 5, and I would give this one, 2.5 Penguins.

High Roller:The Stu Unger Story - some guy I never heard of

This is really a story that I find hard to believe... the basic facts sure, boy good at cards, wins at Gin Rummy alot, wins at Piker even more, blows it all on horses, dies due to drug abuse.. but all the other stuff, in between, there has got to be some dramatic license abuse here..... one never knows tho... still, it was a good movie... recommended...

Open Range - Kevin Costner, Robert Duval

Good movie. Well done western.... I love the final(only) shootout at the end... for me, it seemed pretty realistic... I have always been offended by cowboys that never reload....this is one of Costners few recent movies where you actually see the character and not the actor...Duval is good no mattre what.. A.Bening is pretty good in this, really seems to understand her characters role.... Diego Luna, rising young star... small role here.. but intregal... recommended

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home